All JUKE models have a low mileage consumption of 19.0km/L, a 15% improvement on 2010 mileage standards and 75% lower than 2005 emission standards (SU-LEV). This qualifies JUKE for the tax exemption for environmentally friendly vehicles, which provides for a 50% reduction of both new vehicle acquisition and weight taxes. Power is rated at 84kW (114 PS) at 6,000 rpm, with max torque rated at 150N?m (15.3kgfm) at 4,000 rpm. Switching between city and highway driving is easy, with no compromise of comfort, performance or acceleration.
The new JUKE will also be offered with an all-new 1.6-liter engine (MR16DDT) equipped with a compact turbo charger, which combines good fuel efficiency with the power equivalent to a 2.5-liter engine . MR engine equipped models will be available in 2WD and 4WD configurations. 4WD versions feature ALL MODE 4x4i with a newly developed torque vectoring system, which applies optimal torque distribution control of the rear wheels to enhance agility and cornering feel and reduce understeer when cornering.
A Tough, Agile Exterior Design
JUKE's dramatic exterior styling projects an image of toughness and agility. Its raked front pillars allow for a large windshield area for improved all-around visibility, while its taut upper canopy with sloped rear roofline combines with its muscular lower body sides to emphasize its strength and sportiness. Embedded rear door handles, "hidden" in the rear pillars, emulate the design of a 2-door sports coupe.
An Aggressive, Highly Functional Interior
JUKE's interior design is equally inspired, combining the mechanical aspects of a precision instrument with the free flowing feel of a living organism. Innovation and high functionality are evident throughout - from the motorcycle tank-like center console and smooth door finishes to the motorcycle cylinder inspired meters, floating instrument panel visor and sporty center cluster. Even the door trim design, with its distinctive diving fin look, adds to the JUKE's sporty personality, enhancing the feeling of connectedness that the driver and passengers have with the vehicle.
Additional Safety and Eco Technologies
the all-new JUKE includes an array of safety and Eco technologies, including:
- Auto light system (linked front wipers, dawn sensors) (Standard feature on JUKE 15RX)
- Optimum light distribution, multi-reflector halogen headlights (manual control)
- Xenon headlights (with low beam/auto-control) (Optional on JUKE 15RX)
- RearView Monitor (color view monitor with predictive width/ length readout and grid function display) (Optional)
- High Mount Stop Lamp
- Brake Assist
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
- EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution)
- High-strength body construction
- Body construction for pedestrian protection
- SRS air bag system for driver and front passenger
- SRS side air bag, curtain air bag system for driver and front passenger
- Active head restraint for front passenger seats
- 2-stage load limiter equipped double pretensioner seatbelt for driver (shoulder and waist area)
- Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) 3-point seatbelts for all seats
- Rear seat headrests (3)
- Achieves SU-LEV certification by emitting 75% fewer exhaust emissions than 2005 standards
- 95% recyclability rate based on 1998 Guidelines for definition and calculation method on the recyclability rate for new vehicles provided by JAMA
- Mileage display function